Saturday 15 October 2011

NYC

I don't know why but lately I've been fixated with New York City. Especially during Fall/Autumn. I've never been there but I so so  want to go. Badly. I recently received my copy of this month's Lonely Planet (India Edition) and it has the most gorgeous and beautiful pictures of New York in Fall. I've always loved Gossip Girl and since it's set in the same city, it trebles my love for it. The images of Blair and Serena sitting on the steps of the MET, of Chuck waiting for Blair on top of the Empire State Building are stuck in my mind. Plus , I'm sure everyone of us has seen Home Alone (lost in New York) at some point in our lives. If not that, surely F.R.I.E.N.D.S . Everything about that series oozes New York.  And how can one forget "The Devil Wears Prada"!!! Truly such an iconic city. I really hope I can visit it someday!


Outside the American Ballet Theatre

On the steps of the MET

On the Steps of the MET

Chuck waits for Blair atop the Empire State Building

The Humphrey's loft in Williamsburg

Scenes from Home Alone 2 ( I bet I'll have the same expression when I visit )


The last scene, where mother and son unite near the biggest Christmas tree (Awww)

Needs no caption now , does it???

Boating at Central Park

Iconic Gapstow Bridge in Central Park laden with snow 

Gapstow Bridge 

Ice Skating at Central Park 

Brooklyn Bridge

American Ballet Theatre

Rockfeller Center

Ice Skating at the Rockfeller Center


Soho

Times Square

Times Square

Beautiful town houses in Brooklyn

Tavern on the Green, Central Park's iconic Visitor Centre at it's Christmas Best

Ice Skating at Bryant Park


Pictures from Google images, Lonely Planet etc


No comments: